Helping residents thrive through daily challenges
Setting residents daily challenges, that engage them on several dimensions of wellness, can ensure they thrive during the lockdown. Having a sense of achievement, and purpose every day, is essential for mental and physical wellbeing.
To encourage participation, you can add prizes. Adding a dose of healthy competition, such as a scoreboard tracking all residents’ progress in these daily challenges, is also suggested.
You can find a template for the weekly challenge here. Residents simply cross off the ones they have done, and then hand the sheet in at the end of the week. You can even go further, and ask residents to share photos of themselves completing a challenge - to create a fun photo board, or to share on a resident platform.
We recommend setting 3 daily challenges:
- One physical
- One social
- One that can be either intellectual, spiritual, emotional or health & wellness
Make sure these challenges are fun, varied, achievable and can truly help a resident smile and enjoy their day.
Here are some examples of challenges to inspire you.
- Perform 10 chair sit to stands
- Walk at least one lap around the main building
- Walk your floor 3 times
- Walk to the garden
- Dance to your favorite song
- Count the number of steps from your apartment to the X location
- Perform 30 standing calf raises
- Walk down to the art studio and admire all the beautiful paintings.
- Organize and clean one room in your apartment.
- Invite another resident to join the challenge
- Tell someone you love them
- Call a friend or neighbor to check in on them
- Call a loved one
- Forgive someone or yourself for a misdeed, either recently or long ago
- Personally thank 10 people for making a positive difference in your life
- Call someone you haven’t spoken with lately.
- Write a letter and mail it.
- Join Goodnight Zoom and record a night time story for children
- Donate to a reputable organization that brings relief to Covid-19 patients
- Read about someone in history who inspires you
- Complete a word search, crossword, or sodoku
- Watch a new movie on demand
- Learn something new today ~ and tell someone else what you learned
- Learn to say “Hello, How are you?” in a different language.
- Write the alphabet backwards on a piece of paper and time yourself
- Learn a new recipe
- Try a new food.
- Research and learn about a historical event that took place during your birth year.
- Start reading a new book or educational article.
- Say a prayer or lift up a positive thought for someone else.
- Share a story or poem that is meaningful to you
- Practice a breathing technique
- Join a virtual worship
- Pray for the people that live to the left of you.
- Pray for the people who live to the right of you.
- Draw a picture of what you can see out your window
- Draw a self-portrait
- Read a poem that is meaningful to you
- Spend time outside looking for and finding something of beauty
- Eat lunch/dinner outside or on your balcony.
- Write a journal entry or a letter to a young relative about this historic time.
- Listen to music from your favorite artist or band.
- Spend extra time pampering yourself.
Health & Wellness
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water
- Eat something green
- Go the entire day without any sweets!
- Eat 1 cup of fruit and 1 cup of vegetables.
- Take a 20-30 minute power nap.
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier tonight.
The Cubigo team recognizes the seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic, we understand how important your work is right now and want to help by providing you with pertinent information and the right tools. Discover the Cubigo Essential Package - to help you communicate effectively and maintain resident engagement. We encourage you to reach out to us individually or at email@example.com.